Overview of data stored within the Service
IntelligenceBank is a provider of easy to use, digital content management software that’s simple, smart, and secure and gives you a better way of managing digital content. There are two types of data we manage: data that we process only and data that we process, collect and control.
Service Data we process, but do not control nor collect
The Service involves the storage of “Service Data” in the form of files, records, email alerts, user email addresses and names, comments and posts and other items that you upload into our software. It is up to each Customer to determine the types of data it can store within the Service according to their own data protection policies, and relevant legislation. IntelligenceBank does not govern the type of data Customers upload, and per our Terms of Service, Customers agree to upload data that is not illegal in nature. IntelligenceBank does not permit the uploading of content that is personally-identifiable and sensitive content. Examples of prohibited information include, but not limited to; bank account details, health records, taxation or other financial information.
In providing our Service, we do not own, control nor direct the use of the personal information or other information stored or processed on our platform by customers, and in fact we are unaware of what information is uploaded to our platform and only access such information as authorized by our customers or as required by law. As such, we are only the “data processors” and not the “data controllers” of the information uploaded to our Service. As a data processor, we implement appropriate technical, physical and administrative measures against unauthorized processing of such information and against loss, destruction of, or damage to, and unauthorized access to personal information.
Our Customers, who control their customer data and upload it to IntelligenceBank for processing, are the “controllers” of that data and are responsible for compliance with various directives pending jurisdiction and location. Where the Service is made available to you via an organization (e.g. as your employer) that organization is the administrator of the Service and is responsible for the accounts it has control over. If this is the case, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with your organization’s policies in relation to Use of Services. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of a Customer Administrator, which may differ from this Policy.
Data we collect, process and control
To provide the Service, IntelligenceBank processes, collects and controls a range of data sets, including “Basic Personal Information” which contains at minimum an individual’s email address (typically a work email address), and an individual’s name. Other personal data you may share with IntelligenceBank can include an address (typically a business address), telephone number and other details You nominate. IntelligenceBank does not knowingly collect, process or control any personal information from children under the age of 18.
IntelligenceBank may collect personal information directly from You when You:
– register for a free trial and create an account,
– download a resource,
– become a customer,
– use the Service,
– post to the IntelligenceBank Community forum or on our blog,
– contact the IntelligenceBank support team, and
– visit our Website.
At a minimum, IntelligenceBank requires an email address and first name to provide any of the above requests or use cases. IntelligenceBank collects, holds, and uses Your personal information for limited purposes. IntelligenceBank collects Your personal information so that we can provide You with the Service and any related services You may request. In doing so, IntelligenceBank may use the personal information we have collected from You for purposes related to the Services including to:
– verify Your identity,
– administer the Service,
– understand usage of the Service,
– notify You of new or changed services offered in relation to the Service,
– carry out marketing, product planning or training relating to the Service,
– assist with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Service,
– comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions, and
– communicate with You.
By using the Service, You consent to Your personal information being collected, held and used in this way and for any other use You authorize IntelligenceBank will only use Your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy.
You may have noted customer testimonials that have been posted on the IntelligenceBank Website which may contain personal information. Prior to posting any testimonial, we obtain the customer’s consent to post their names along with their comments about the Service, or have extracted this from other publicly available review websites.
IntelligenceBank may receive personal information from You about others
If You provide IntelligenceBank with personal information about someone else, You must ensure that You are authorized to disclose that information to IntelligenceBank and that, without IntelligenceBank taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws, IntelligenceBank may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Policy.
This means that You must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned is aware of and/or consents to the various matters detailed in this Policy, including the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which that information is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual’s right to obtain access to that information, IntelligenceBank’s identity, and how to contact IntelligenceBank.
When requested to do so by IntelligenceBank, You must also assist IntelligenceBank with any requests by the individual to access or update the personal information You have collected from them and entered into the Service.
IntelligenceBank can aggregate Your data and track individual usage of the Service
By using the Service, You agree that IntelligenceBank can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data IntelligenceBank has collected from You.
As a feature within the Service, IntelligenceBank tracks individual usage details by file or record and by user to provide Main Administrators with detailed usage analytics. If you do not agree to this, you must ask the Administrator of Your Service to remove You from the system or to assign You a username (email address) and User Name that does not identify You personally.
IntelligenceBank may use aggregated and personal data to:
– Provide our customers with further information by participating in publicly available marketing surveys.
– Assist us to better understand how our customers are using the Service.
– Provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Service
– Otherwise to improve the Service.
Pending your geography and server specification, IntelligenceBank holds Your Service data and personal information on servers located in the United States of America, Australia, Canada or Ireland.
We use top tier, third party data hosting providers (AWS) to host our Services which are ISO27001 and SOC 2 compliant.
While your personal information will be stored on servers specified in geographic regions as noted in your contract, it will remain within IntelligenceBank’s effective control at all times. Our data hosting provider’s role is limited to providing a hosting and storage service to IntelligenceBank, and we have taken steps to ensure that our data hosting providers do not have access to, and use the necessary level of protection for Your personal information. They do not control, and are not permitted to access or use Your personal information, except for the limited purpose of storing the information. This means that IntelligenceBank keeps Your personal data in the country/region specified on your contract.
IntelligenceBank takes steps to protect your personal information
IntelligenceBank is committed to protecting the security of Your personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is stored on secure servers that have SSL Certificates and encrypt data at rest, and all data transferred between You and the Service is encrypted.
However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that Your information will be secure at all times. Transmission of personal information over the Internet is at Your own risk and You should only enter, or instruct the entering of, personal information to the Service within a secure environment.
We will advise You at the first reasonable opportunity of a confirmed security breach, within 24 hours, where Your personal information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorized person(s) or in any unauthorized manner.
In order to provide the Service to You, the following third-party services may be utilized:
- Product Management Software – Enables us to communicate with You via Email from within the Service to advise of new features available and planned outages.
- CRM and Marketing Systems – tracks sales requirements of potential customers and existing customers, as well as to manage our opt-in/opt-out mailing lists. Email addresses, preferences and purchase data are managed in these systems.
- Contract Software – Contract software we use which stores your work email address so we can email proposals to you and you can sign online. You can opt-out of this at any time. Email addresses, preferences and purchase data are managed in these systems.
- Invoicing and Online Payment Software – Accounting software used to issue invoices from IntelligenceBank to You, and when applicable, to securely process credit card payment. Email addresses and purchase data are managed in these systems.
- Product Integrations – Depending on your Subscription to the Service, you may use a variety of ‘out of the box’ plugins, some of which can securely pass your username and login details to third-party providers. If you do not wish for third parties to have your personal details, please do not enable the Connectors made available within IntelligenceBank. If you do choose to use them, make yourself aware of their individual third-party privacy policies and practices.
- Customer Support Software – that asks to enter your name and email address so we can respond to your helpdesk query.
- Smart Reports – provides advanced BI reporting on platform metadata, for clients who purchase this service as an addon. Data is processed at AWS Australia and is surfaced within each clients’ platform if purchased. Some reports can include email addresses and usernames. You can exclude these reports from your package if you do not wish this data to be processed by our BI capability hosted at AWS Australia.
- In-App Tutorials – IntelligenceBank may configure walk through tutorials using third party software. If used specifically for your platform as requested by your team, your screenshot or video data is hosted within AWS US, via our partners, but served through the IntelligenceBank service. Partners are SOC2 compliant.
We may disclose Your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, and managing legal disputes.
You should be aware that IntelligenceBank may be required to disclose Your personal information without Your consent in order to comply with any court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process or investigation including by tax authorities if such disclosure is required by law. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify You if we are required by law to disclose Your personal information.
IntelligenceBank does not store Your credit card details
If You choose to pay for the Service by credit card, Your credit card details are not stored by the Service and cannot be accessed by IntelligenceBank staff. Your credit card details are encrypted and securely stored by an accredited, third-party payment facility, Stripe, to enable IntelligenceBank to automatically bill your credit card on a recurring basis.
IntelligenceBank’s data retention and deletion parameters
We will retain and delete your personal data as follows:
1. Anonymised Aggregated Usage data will be retained indefinitely for the purpose of monitoring the historical performance of our website and Service.
2. Account data (Company Name, Purchase Data, Opt-In Email Data, Contact History) will be retained indefinitely unless directed by You to anonymize Your related personal information (i.e. Your name and work email address).
3. Service data for paid accounts will be retained for at least 30 days after our last transaction with You, after which it will be deleted unless required for auditing or legal reasons. Service data for free trial accounts will be retained for at least 30 days after the end of the trial.
4. Enquiry data will be deleted on request or within five years of Your last communication with us, after which it will be deleted unless required for auditing or legal reasons.
5. Correspondence data will be retained for up to 5 years after our last transaction with You from an opt-out request, after which it will be deleted unless required for auditing or legal reasons.
You may request access to Your personal information
It is Your responsibility to ensure that the personal information You provide to us is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You may request access to the information we hold about You, or request that we update or correct any personal information we hold about You, by setting out Your request in writing and sending it to us at email@example.com. You can also contact IntelligenceBank at the following address: IntelligenceBank Pty Ltd, Level 20 HWT Tower, 40 City Road, Southbank VIC 3006, Australia.
IntelligenceBank will process Your request as soon as reasonably practicable, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are unable to meet Your request, we will let You know why. For example, it may be necessary for us to deny Your request if it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy or affairs of other individuals, or if it is not reasonable and practicable for us to process Your request in the manner You have requested. In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to seek to arrange access to Your personal information through a mutually agreed intermediary (for example, the Subscriber).
We’ll only keep Your personal information for as long as we require it for the purposes of providing You with the Service. However, we may also be required to keep some of Your personal information for specified periods of time.
We use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You have the option to opt-out of these cookies, however may affect your browsing user experience.
IntelligenceBank uses the following categories of cookies:
Necessary – Platform and Website
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously and are set by a GDPR and CCPA Consent Plugin.
Functional – Website
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedback, and other third-party features.
Performance – Platform and Website
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyse the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytics – Platform and Website
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate and traffic source.
Advertisement – Website
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customised ads.
Other – Website
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analysed and have not been classified into a category as yet.
You can opt-out of any email communications
IntelligenceBank sends billing information, marketing communications, product information, Service updates and Service notifications to You via email. Our emails will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how You can choose to be removed from any mailing list not essential to the Service. IntelligenceBank will remove You at Your request.
IntelligenceBank has a privacy complaints process
If You wish to complain about how we have handled Your personal information, please provide our Privacy Officer with full details of Your complaint and any supporting documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Privacy Officer will:
– provide an initial response to Your query or complaint within 10 business days; and
– investigate and attempt to resolve Your query or complaint within 30 business days or such a longer period as is necessary and notified to You by our Privacy Officer.
Below is a high-level summary of the rights You have under data protection law. You should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights. Your principal rights under data protection law are below and at any time, You may exercise any of Your rights in relation to Your personal data by emailing email@example.com
(a) the right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability;
(g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) the right to withdraw consent.
This Policy may be updated from time to time
IntelligenceBank reserves the right to change this Policy at any time, and any amended Policy is effective upon posting to this website. IntelligenceBank will make every effort to communicate any significant changes to You via email or notification via the Service. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance of any amended Policy.
Updated November 2022